Business activities in the Passive intumescent industry
Director at Cotswold Intumescent Services Ltd – December 1989 to November 2009.
Director at Specialist Fire Solutions Ltd – November 2009 to June 2015.
Owner at Martyn Young Fireproofing Consultancy – June 2015 to September 30th 2019.
Director at Martyn Young Fireproofing Consultancy Ltd – October 1st 2019 to present.
I have been in Business since 1989, and am one of the few UK companies focused solely on fire protection and fire prevention. Through my years of experience, I know that fires can be prevented and fire damage can be limited because that’s the business I am in – fire prevention and damage limitation.
Since my formation, I have always believed that my client’s best interests, the safety of their staff and the premises they work in, come first. My professional services cover every aspect of fire protection and fire prevention, from initial building survey right through to innovative installations designed to provide a unique combination of trouble-free fire protection, fire spread prevention and complete compliance with current legislation.
I supply and install a wide range of innovative quality intumescent fire prevention systems from reputable leading Manufacturers – Astroflame, Fire Plug, Fireus/Safire, Nullifire, Jotun, Thermoguard, CCF-Commercial Ceiling Factors etc
I provide the following fire protection services:
- On-site Building survey and fire risk assessment review
- Specification service for Architects & Surveyors
- Suppliers of passive intumescent products from leading Manufacturers
- Certificated installation service available
- Experienced technical advice to provide solutions to fire stopping applications
- Unique fire protection products for upgrading panel type doors & ornate ceilings
- Fire prevention seminars for local authorities, architects and fire brigades etc
- Like any other successful company, I constantly seek new markets and products to serve them. I am very experienced in the fire protection and fire prevention sector and know the true worth of continuity and the real value of theents and Grade I listed stately homes and mansions and worked with local authorities, government bodies, construction companies, architects, consultants, building control executives, site managers, contract managers and planners, all of whom I have helped comply with prevailing fire regulations..
As well as managing the day-to-day aspects of our fire protection and prevention services, I have experienced knowledge and understanding which is recognised as second to none in the UK, I also regularly run Continuing Professional Development (CPD) type seminars for individuals, companies and other organisations, including fire brigades!
A measure of the trust placed in my experience, and my resulting commercial success, can be seen in the fact that 90% of my business is based on repeat orders and requests for surveying new projects from existing and new clients.
Fire risk assessors, Building Surveyors, Building Control & Fire Officers often recommend my surveying Services to their Clients
I have been able to help Manufacturers develop and design new products to overcome complex fire-stopping Applications such as fireproofing Speed Camera boxes from arsonists by fitting intumescent liners to the box interiors
I have witnessed several Fire tests at LPC Loss Prevention Council and Chiltern Fire – Trada which has helped me understand how fire affects the integrity of building structures
Quality products at competitive prices
Martyn Young Fire provides maintenance assistance for all types of fire safety equipment. Personalized assessment to find the best solution based on individual needs can be arranged, and we aim at providing our new customers with reliable protection at reasonable rates!
Fire Sprinklers and Alarms
When it comes to your safety, you should never skimp on quality equipment and assessments. With good-quality fire protection for any emergency situation – whether that be through sprinklers, fire extinguishers or fire alarms with automatic systems which sounds an alert when temperatures rise above certain levels–you’ll always have all the supplies needed in order save lives!
Previous Survey/advice, Supply & installation Projects:
- NATO European Command Centre, RAF Northwood – specifying & supplying intumescent sleeves to services
- Carmarthenshire County Council – Surveying, fireproofing & fire stopping doors & services at 4 x sheltered Housing projects
- Buckley Barracks, Hullavington – fireproofing & upgrading 450 x existing fire doors in accommodation blocks
- Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Llantrisant – supplying/installing motorized fire/smoke drop curtain in the Pharmacy Dept
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital – survey for Apleona HSG Facility Management UK fire survey PFI building
- 2Gether NHS Trust, Gloucester – survey & specification at several of the Trust’s buildings in Cheltenham and Gloucester
- East Glamorgan NHS Trust – surveying. specifying intumescent fire/smoke grilles in Pathology department
- Nuffield Hospital, Cheltenham – Installing fire barrier curtains and fire stopping voids & service penetrations
- Withybush General Hospital, Haverfordwest – specifying & supplying firestopping for Cable tray penetrations
- Brasenose College, Christchurch College & All Souls Colleges Oxford – fireproofing historical panel doors
- University of Bristol – surveying & fireproofing panel doors
- Reading University – surveying & firestopping voids & service penetrations
- Gloucester Cathedral – Surveying & specifying & installing fire barrier curtains in Tower roof
- Tewkesbury Cathedral – Surveying & specifying & supplying intumescent products to fireproof historical doors
Learn more about fireprotection by visitng:
The Fire Protection Association , Moreton in Marsh at https://www.thefpa.co.uk/
Association for Specialist Fire Protection https://asfp.org.uk/
CPD type seminars on passive fire systems:
- South West Building Control area association – Taunton (over 240 members) Pontypridd & Rhondda NHS Trust
- Royal Glamorgan Hospital – Llantrisant (several seminars)
- Ceredigion County Council Building Control & Architects
- Powys County Council Building Control & Architects
- Cardiff County Council Building Control & Architects
- Pembrokeshire County Council & Building Control
- Carmarthenshire County Council Building Control, Housing Officers & Architects
- Vale of Glamorgan Building Control City of Bristol Building Control & Architects
- Bath Building Control & Architects
- Gloucester Building Control & Architects
- South Gloucestershire County Council
- Stroud Building Control & Architects
- Cotswold District Council
- Occulus Building Control, Bath
- WS Atkins, Gloucester & Bristol
- Oxford Architects, Bristol
- Clutton Building Surveyors, Oxford
- Gloucestershire Fire Brigade
- Avon Fire Brigade
- Somerset & Devon Fire Brigade
- Hereford & Worcester Fire Brigade
- Wiltshire Fire Brigade
- South Glamorgan Fire Brigade
- Mid Glamorgan Fire Brigade
- West Glamorgan Fire Brigade
- Staffordshire Fire & Rescue
Fire can have devastating effects on your business, so you need to be sure that it will never happen.
The risk of fire is a very serious issue for any company or individual with commercial premises. You must take steps to protect your property and the people who work there from this potentially devastating threat.
My service provides all aspects of fire protection and prevention, ranging from initial building survey right through to innovative installations designed to provide a unique combination of trouble-free fire protection, fire spread prevention and complete compliance with current legislation.
I also offer regular maintenance contracts which ensure that everything remains in perfect working order at all times. I am fully qualified as an expert witness by the Association of Expert Witnesses (AEW) and hold CII certification for my electrical services – giving me unrivalled expertise when it comes to dealing with issues relating to safety within buildings under construction or refurbishment